Sunday, April 25, 2010

What I Currently Believe Art to Be

Today I began to think to myself "what can be considered art?" and "what do all art forms that I've seen so far have in common?" Well I believe that I have an idea for what the answer to these questions may be. I believe that art is any piece of work that conveys some kind of message. Whether it be a painting, a photography, an instillation, musical piece, etc. Every work of art that I've seen so far has this same motive. Works of art convey messages of thought, and often of emotion, and so I believe that any structure or composition which has a message to convey would be considered art.

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. I like that picture:) I think there is some art without a message, but maybe someone who does this simply does art for the fun of it. Like some people play sports just to play, and others play to compete or because they may have something to prove. Sweet picture though:). I think a lot of art has a message:)

    ReplyDelete