Sunday, March 7, 2010

Paint Splatter

Is splattering paint art? Some consider it to be art, and others don't. I am one of the people who say that it is considered to be an art form, and I have my reasons for why I consider it to be art. But first I'll discuss why I believe others don't think of it as Art.
I think that the reason why a lot of people don't consider this to be an art form is because it doesn't necessarily create a picture that people can look at and see the features of a person and/or object. A lot of people think that art needs to show these features in order to be considered art.
However, I still consider this an art form. Art isn't just something that utilizes practice and skills to create the artworks we see, it also utilizes emotion. I believe that this art form is one of those forms that utilizes emotion. In my opinion, the emotion comes from how the artist splatters the paint onto the canvas, rather than being shown plainly on the canvas. In other words, the artist can be calm and be lightly flicking paint at the canvas, or can be angry and thrashing his paint-covered brush all around and letting the paint fall where it may. This is why I consider paint splatter an art form.

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Great email, thus far!

    From here on, I would suggest a focus. Choose an arts-based: topic, artist, work, style, historical context, technique, discipline - anything - and use this as an on-going research tool; that will or could feed into your up-coming essay...

    ...Use this time - the mid-term - to tighten-up your blog. To critically explore a field of interest pertinent to you. Schedule a tutorial with me, if you would like help, feedback or direction.

    CF

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're on week 8/9, as I write this. According to your syllabus, you are required to post 1 x blog per week, of your entire art appreciation semester (approximately 18 + blogs).

    If you desire a better 'blog grade', you are required to meet the deadlines and criterion. If you require help - refer to your syllabus and 'Blog Rules of Engagement' (on your D2L page); as well as using your instructor for further help!

    Meanwhile...

    Great blog, thus far!

    From here on, I would suggest a focus. Choose an arts-based: topic, artist, work, style, historical context, technique, discipline - anything - and use this as an on-going research tool; that will or could feed into your up-coming essay...

    ...Use this time - the mid-term - to tighten-up your blog. To critically explore a field of interest pertinent to you. Schedule a tutorial with me, if you would like help, feedback or direction.

    CF

    ReplyDelete